Practicing The Consciousness of God’s Presence
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life, Romans 6:22. A servant operates in the consciousness of the presence of His master. A servant’s only desire is the pleasure of his master. Being made free from sin, we must now operate as servants of God. We must live our lives for God’s pleasure. We must always stand in His presence, waiting patiently for the next assignment He wishes to commit to our hands. It is as we operate in His presence that we are able to bear fruits unto holiness and the end everlasting life (eternal life)- Zoe- the God kind of life. You can only bear fruits by being a servant, dwelling in the consciousness of God’s presence.
Knowing The Defeat of The Devil
…Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof, Revelation 5:5. The devil was defeated by the crucifixion of Jesus. The work of Christ did not deal with symptom, it dealt with the power behind the symptom. One illustration we may use here is that of poison that has passed its expiry date. It may still have its original colour and texture, but its destructive ability is lost. Most of the evil we suffer as children of God happens because we do not believe in the finished works of Christ.
The devil has lost his ability to hurt believers. He is roaring like a toothless bulldog. He is barking, but lacks the power to bite. If you can meditate on this revelation, you will discover that you will never again suffer defeat in your life.
SCRIPTURE FOR MEDITATION
John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In this world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
• What did you discover of the Personality of God from studying the above scripture on Thursday?
• What did you discover of the Personality of the believer from studying the above scripture yesterday?
• Today, we continue the study of the same scripture to discover our Responsibility as believers.
Meditating On The Responsibility of the Believer
God is the rewarder and will pay every man justly for his deeds. If you do good, you will reap good; but if you do evil, you will also reap evil. Know and meditate on God’s instruction so you can store up goodness for yourself. (Romans 2:5-6- But by your hard and unchanged heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of the revelation of God’s judging in righteousness; Who will give to every man his right reward (Bible in Basic English).
Ask God for grace to carry out this responsibility
• Be of good cheer: God wants you to always have joy inside of you. Whenever life’s circumstances seek to weigh you down, think back to the past goodness of God and let His joy overwhelm your heart. The bible tells us in Proverbs 17:22 that a merry heart doeth good like medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. As long as you comply with God’s instruction to be joyful at all time, you will not only enjoy long life and perfect health, you will also live continually in victory.
• Be Courageous and confident: You must have full confidence in the victory that Christ has won for you and courageously enforce compliance. Confidence or courage is a necessary condition for manifestation of your sonship. God told Joshua- as I was with Moses, so will I be with you, only be thou courageous. Joshua 1:5. Isaiah 30:15 says- in confidence (courage) shall be your strength, but regrets that people would not. The spiritual strength you need for manifesting your divinity (Christship/sonship of God) is derived in your courage and confidence in the faithfulness of God’s presence with you to make good His promise to you. It is derived from your confidence in your identity in Christ. Remember that the forces that would have hindered you have been conquered by Jesus. In His words- I have overcome the world, therefore be confident or courageous in your activities in enforcing compliance to your inheritance in Christ. Jesus said, “In me, you have perfect peace and confidence”. This suggests that when you make consciousness of His presence your habitation i.e. the environment you live, you have peace and confidence. Isaiah 26:3 says God will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him. Also you will notice that whenever God wants to instill confidence in any man he intends to use, He will always say, “I will be with you”. So, in Him, you have perfect peace and confidence. The contrast in this reference of, ‘in the world’ could be interpreted as- outside the environment of God’s consciousness, you have tribulation, trial, distress and frustrations. Therefore, always live in the constant consciousness of His ever abiding presence and you will enjoy the benefits of the victory of Jesus over the world. In His presence, there is fullness of joy and in His right hand are pleasures for ever more, Psalm 16:11.
Our Fellowship With The Holy Spirit
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing… (Isaiah 28:11-12). The Holy Spirit refreshes us: He is the giver of rest. Those that fellowship continually with the Holy Spirit will not be weary, but will renew their strength on a daily basis.
This function of the Holy Spirit is activated primarily by speaking in tongues (Pray in tongues with your mind focused on who God is, what He has done and what He can do).
Other ways you can activate the Holy Ghost to function are by sincere worship and by living a righteous life.
Zechariah 8:13- And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.
[When you have faith instead of fear, you please God (Heb. 11:6), and when a man’s ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him (Prov. 16:7). Fear will make your enemies be at war with you perpetually].
Intercession will make God open the eyes of your understanding so that you will behold and understand things that are mysterious to others. See Daniel 9:20-22 – And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God; Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee … understanding.
Daily talk to God about people for their spiritual and physical needs to be met. We are also to intercede daily for peace in the land, for our political and spiritual leaders and for the salvation of sinners. (Ezekiel 22:30).
Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth, Luke 15:10. Those that are consistent in soul winning will enjoy angelic assistance. As you continue in soul winning, all the things you used to struggle to get done all by yourself will be taken care of by God’s ministering angels. Always talk to people about the love of God expressed by the sacrifice of His dear son, Jesus.
Promise To The Righteous
As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation. Proverbs 10:25.
Righteousness is an inherent ability in every born again child of God. The increase of the unrighteous man is not sustained for it is founded on a faulty foundation. But the righteous man increases steadily and never goes down for his prosperity is founded on the Lord. His blessing and increase is established forever. Note that the promise to the righteous is only attained by those who receive the gift of righteousness and practice righteousness.
Prophetic Warfare Prayer
Theme: Manifestation of your supernaturality
Romans 8:14- For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
A goat gives birth to a goat; a lion gives birth to a lion. God will certainly give birth to gods. Having given your life to God, you have received new birth. You have received the Spirit of God to lead you into a supernatural walk. The whole creature await your manifestation.
There are three levels of prophetic warfare prayers: first is thanksgiving, second is aggressive warfare prayers aimed at enforcing compliance and third is prophesying your expectations based on the assurances given in the scriptures.
See the prophetic warfare prayers of November 13 for comprehensive prayer.
CHECK HOW MUCH YOU CAN REMEMBER FROM TODAY’S STUDY.
1. What is today’s BIBLE TEXT?
2. What is your discovery of GOD in the bible text?
3. What is your discovery of YOURSELF in the bible text?
4. What RESPONSIBILITY have you discovered today?
Meditating on what you have studied today is what will establish its manifestation in your life. Meditate on these points throughout today so you can gain deeper revelations for your profiting. (…that thy profiting may appear unto all, 1Timothy 4:15).