Practicing The Consciousness of God’s Presence
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof, Romans 13:14. When you put a cloth on, the cloth will go with you wherever you are going. Knowing that you are well covered by a cloak takes away shame and gives you boldness to step out of your privacy into the presence of others. This scripture admonishes us to put on the Lord Jesus- wear Him like a cloak; be inside Him. This is a call to us to always carry the consciousness of His presence with us. Just like you will not step out of your house without properly covering yourself up, so must you not step out without carrying His presence along. When you operate in this consciousness, you will (i) have the ability to live in righteousness (ii) you will not provide for the flesh.
SCRIPTURE FOR MEDITATION
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
• What did you discover of the Personality of God from studying the above scripture yesterday?
• Today, we continue the study of the same scripture to discover the Personality of the believer.
Meditating On The Personality of The Believer
Ignorance of your identity frustrates your performance. You will not function at maximum potential if you do not have adequate knowledge of what God has deposited in you. (Hosea 4:6- My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…)
Meditate on this and give God thanks
• I have the ever abiding presence of God: In Matthew 28:20, the Lord assures us of His ever abiding presence: …and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Dwelling daily in the consciousness of this presence will make you experience the best of God. God’s intention for creating man was for fellowship and as long as man remains in fellowship with Him, man will experience God’s glory in all aspects of life. Below are some wonderful benefits of dwelling constantly in the consciousness of God’s presence:
? It takes you from darkness to light. Col. 1:12-13
? It takes you from death to life
? It takes you from poverty to prosperity
? It takes you from humanity to divinity
? It takes you from shame to glory
? It takes you from sickness to health- Isaiah 33:24
Prophetic Warfare Prayer
Genesis 1:28- And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
God has blessed you and commanded you to be fruitful. Fruitfulness and multiplication in all aspects of life is God’s gift to you; do not settle for anything less.
There are three levels of prophetic warfare prayers: first is thanksgiving, second is aggressive warfare prayers aimed at enforcing compliance and third is prophesying your expectations based on the assurances given in the scriptures.
See the prophetic warfare prayers of November 20 for comprehensive prayer.
CHECK HOW MUCH YOU CAN REMEMBER FROM TODAY’S STUDY.
1. What is today’s BIBLE TEXT?
2. What is your discovery of GOD in the bible text?
3. What have you discovered about YOURSELF today?
Meditating on what you have studied today is what will establish its manifestation in your life. Meditate on these points throughout today so you can gain deeper revelations for your profiting. (…that thy profiting may appear unto all, 1Timothy 4:15).