Practicing The Consciousness of God’s Presence
David boldly declared in Psalm 119:168: I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee. Can you make such a declaration to God today? It is possible to walk before God with a perfect heart; but first you must see Him around you at all time. If you can create a mental picture of the presence of God with you everyday of your life, then you will no longer find it difficult to keep God’s precepts and testimonies. The victory over sin is in the consciousness of His presence.
Knowing The Defeat of The Devil
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers, 1Peter 1:18. When the devil defeated man, he established a genealogy that was human, not divine. Man that was initially created as a divine being became human and thus became susceptible to all the evils of mankind. This evil was transferred from one generation of man to the next. Every man in the lineage of Adam became a partaker of the curse upon the human race. The defeat of the devil by Christ Jesus liberated you from family lineage. Having been saved from the traditions of your fathers, the curses and issues that existed in your paternal or maternal lineage can no longer affect you for you are no longer of your earthly lineage but of divine parentage.
TODAY’S SPECIFIC AREA OF MEDITATION
Text: Hebrews 9:12
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Meditating On The Personality of God
Meditate on this revelation and worship God with it
- (Jesus) The God that entered into the holiest by His own blood to obtain for us eternal redemption: Before Jesus came to die, there was a separation between God and man. Man could not approach God directly and had to come through intermediaries. Only selected priests could come to God on behalf of the congregation to offer sin offerings. The blood of the sacrificed animal was only valid for a short period of time and so the sin offering was something that had to be done regularly so the Israelites could be cleansed of their sin for a period of time. The blood of animals could not really wash man’s sins away and so there was always a wall of separation between God and man for God is holy and cannot stand the sight of unholiness. Only the blood of the son of God could cleanse man from sin and break the wall of separation between God and man. When Jesus died, the curtain that separated the holies of holies from the tabernacle was torn in two, signifying that man could now approach God without fear. The redemptive price paid by Jesus stands good for ever. It is an endless redemption from sin and so there is no need for any other sacrifice: the blood of Jesus is eternal in its merit and efficacy. Isaiah 1:18 tells us the cleansing power in the blood of Jesus: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse from all sin and give us the right to approach the Father without any feeling of guilt.
Meditating On The Personality of The Believer
Meditate on this and give God thanks
- Eternally Redeemed from your past and from the kingdom of satan: The redemption which the Lord Jesus effected for His people is eternal: It will continue forever. It is not a temporary deliverance, leaving the redeemed in danger of falling into sin and ruin, but it makes salvation secure and in its effects extends through eternity. The bible says in 2Corinthians 5:17- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. The problems associated with your old life (curses, negative trends in your family lineage, bad habits, old character, evil occurrences, disappointments, near success syndrome, etc) have been wiped from your life by the blood of Jesus. You have been lifted above all the evils of your former life and have been given Zoe- the God kind of life. You must no longer see yourself as a member of your old family but must now see yourself as a member of the family of God. The sins of your past are washed completely away and are no longer remembered in heaven. Nigeria Police cannot enter into United Kingdom to arrest a Nigerian that committed an offence in Nigeria. No matter how great the offence is under Nigeria law, the person can only be arrested by British police men and not by Nigerian police men. The forces of darkness cannot intimidate or oppress you anymore for you are no longer in their territory; you have been redeemed from the kingdom of the devil and now operate far above principalities and powers.
Meditating On The Responsibility of the Believer
Ask God for grace to carry out this responsibility
- Declare your redemption: Psalm 107:2- Let the Redeemed of the Lord say they are redeemed. You have to cultivate the habit of saying what God has made you. Let it settle deep in your spirit that you owe the devil nothing. Anytime the enemy tries to bring an accusation against you, boldly declare your redemption from your past.
Today’s Love Reference
And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
- How do you walk in love on earth?
- How do you show love to those that do not deserve your love?
Prophetic Warfare Prayer For The Week
Theme: Manifestation of your supernaturality
John 14:12- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
(Phil 1:6- That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus).
- Appreciate God the Father for the sacrifice of His son that restored you to the original glory meant for mankind
- Appreciate God for the privilege to operate just like Him on earth
- Thank God for making you a terror to the kingdom of darkness and placing you far above their reach
(1Timothy 1:18- This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare).
- Take authority against unbelief, fear, timidity and intimidation in your life that makes you operate below expectation.
- War against situations in your life that betray your supernaturality e.g. sin, poverty, barrenness, failure, sickness, etc.
- Command every curse and evil in your former family lineage to lose its power in your life
- Bind every evil that is still seen in your life and set lose all the good things you expect to see in your life.
Decree and Prophesy your expectation
(Ezekiel 37:7, 10- So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army).
- Decree that you are a god and have ability to function with the power of God everywhere you go and in every situation you are confronted with
- Decree that henceforth your life will be a true representation of your god status.
- Declare that this year 2013, you will manifest the glory of God in character, in power and in prosperity.
CHECK HOW MUCH YOU CAN REMEMBER FROM TODAY’S STUDY.
- What is today’s BIBLE TEXT?
- What have you discovered about GOD today?
- What have you discovered about YOURSELF today?
- What RESPONSIBILITY have you discovered today?
Meditate on these four points throughout today to gain light for your profiting (…that thy profiting may appear unto all, 1Timothy 4:15).