FOUR ACTIVITIES OF MEDITATION
Prayer gives you an opportunity to talk to God; whereas, meditation gives God an opportunity to talk to you. Anyone who does not meditate may never hear God’s voice. When you do not meditate, you deny God the opportunity of talking to you.
Below are four activities of meditation:
Forcing remembrance of a discovered truth (Memorization)
Reminding yourself of the information under consideration involves always taking your mind back to what you have studied long after the study is ended. If you cannot remember what you have studied, it means the study did not profit you. Force yourself to remember what you have read; keep going back to the devotional material every time you forget what you have discovered until the revelation discovered becomes a part of you.
Using your mind to create a picture of the reality (Visualization)
Even if what you seek is not yet obvious, you use your mind to form the picture of the real thing. You keep seeing your expectation with your mind’s eye until your desire becomes a reality (becomes obvious to everyone around you).
Speaking to yourself (Verbalization)
As you speak to yourself, you create an atmosphere of success around yourself. Speaking to yourself will make the issues under consideration stick to your mind and will create the right ecology for your growth.
To roar (Declaration)
This is a loud shout of discovered revelation. Roaring your expectation pushes back the enemy of your manifestation. Shout what you want to see. Roar your belief. Roar who you are on the contradiction and the contradiction will disappear.
When you discover God, you will experience the following benefits:
1. The curse over your life is broken. Galatians 3:13 reveals to us that Christ became cursed that we may be blessed. When you discover Him in this direction, an anointing is made available to break curses.
2. Your Identity Changes. Until you know God as the solution to your problem, you will remain where you are. Simon’s identity changed because he caught the revelation of Christ’s identity.
3. You Become Stable. Just like Peter was likened to a rock by Jesus, you become stable. A rock is stable and firmly rooted; it cannot be tossed to and fro.
4. Your future is guaranteed. Your future is built upon your daily revelation of who God is.
5. You will have easy access or entrance into God’s presence.
6. Knowledge of God’s personality puts authority upon you. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matt. 16:19.
Every man needs a personal discovery and encounter with Jesus. No man can claim to know God completely; there is an aspect of Him that is very important to the needs of different people at different points in time. However, this personal discovery will not come to you if you always depend on other people’s discovery and the revelations they got from their study.
May you discover God more and more on a daily basis as you begin to study His word consistently, using this devotional as a guide.
HOW TO USE THIS DEVOTIONAL
This devotional gives new scriptures each week for you to meditate on all through the days of that week. From the given scriptures, we obtain three ingredients:
1. Revelation of who God is. As you study the scripture for the day, find out if there is information about any member of the Godhead. Knowing who God is gives you ingredients for worshipping Him.
2. Revelation of who you are in Christ. As you study the scripture for the day, search for what is revealed about believers; their rights, privileges and gifts in Christ. This gives you an ingredient for thanksgiving.
3. Responsibility placed upon you as a child of God. As you study the scripture for the day, find out if there is an instruction or expectation of believers. Ask for grace to carry out this instruction.
There may be revelations in the scripture being studied that have not been pointed out; you should write them down as you discover them.
The uniqueness of this devotional is that your study does not end at just discovering these three important ingredients; it requires that your discovery fill your heart all day long, hence, the name: Believers Daily Meditation. You are required to keep pondering on your discovery from that scripture until all you have discovered becomes a part of you.
For your study to be impactful, apart from this book, you will also need the following:
• A complete Bible
• A note book
• A writing pen
Preparedness to write provokes utterance. God does not waste revelation; He only speaks to those that will make use of the information He gives to them. One way He can be sure you will not forget what He reveals to you is if you write down His revelation as He speaks to you. When you come to God prepared to document revelation and instruction, He will speak unhindered.
Apart from the three ingredients we discover from the scripture of study each day, there are other sections of the devotional we are to also pay attention to each week as they too are important ingredients to a successful walk with God. These sections include: Practicing the Consciousness of God’s Presence, Knowing the Defeat of the Devil, Love Reference, Our Fellowship With The Holy Spirit, Fear Not, Intercession, Evangelism/Soul Winning, and Are You Ready For The Coming of The Lord.
Also, Prophetic New Testament Prayer points are given at the end of each day’s study to help you pray effectively.
One of the glories of meditation is in sharing your benefits with someone. This will keep the revelation you discover with you and help you to practice it. This study will be more profitable if on a daily basis you share what you have studied with others. Remember, we are under instruction to exhort one another daily. Hebrews 3:13, Exodus 34:34, Matthew 28:20.
Daily talk to God about people and talk to people about God.