OCTOBER 4 (FRIDAY)
Practicing The Consciousness of God’s Presence
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him, Genesis 5:24. “Walked with God” as used in this scripture implies that he was in habitual fellowship with God. You can’t fellowship with someone that you cannot perceive his presence. We gather therefore, that Enoch dwelt consistently in the consciousness of God’s presence. God so enjoyed His fellowship with Enoch that He took him up to continue the fellowship. God did not really intend for man to experience death. Salvation gives access to living without dying (eternal life). But you must practice intimacy with God. Those that walk with God will be taken by Him. They will be taken from sickness, from pain, from sorrow, from death, from limitations, and from all the evils of life. Practice walking daily with God and you will have a better and brighter life.
SCRIPTURE FOR MEDITATION
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
- What did you discover of the Personality of God from studying the above scripture yesterday?
- Today, we continue the study of the same scripture to discover the Personality of the believer.
Meditating On The Personality of The Believer
Meditating on your personality in Christ helps you to live a holy life. If you know that your body is God’s temple, you will not abuse it. (1Cor 6:19- What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?)
Meditate on this and give God thanks
- I am owned by the Lord God: And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn, Exodus 4:22-23. When Pharaoh refused to allow the children of God go, himself and all of Egypt paid dearly for it. Just like the Israelites were owned by God, so are you also owned by Him. Everything on the earth is owned by the Lord. Our Father owns all and we are legal heirs of all He has created because we are His children. But going beyond ownership of things, God is also the owner of the believer– ‘But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine’ (Isaiah 43:1-7). Now this revelation has far reaching meaning- we are His people. As the earth is for the children’s pleasure according to Psalm 115:16, so are the children for His pleasure. God will prove to your enemies that you are His own by the great increase and blessings which shall be your experience as you follow after His ways today.
- Made prosperous by the poverty of Jesus: The price for our prosperity is in Christ’s poverty. If He was not willing to strip Himself of His glory on account of our fallen state, we would still be impoverished in every sense. When the king of glory hung on that cross, He was crowned with humanity’s shame- there was not a thing in Him that the world wanted. This was a clear way of showing to the world what man looked like before God. He was undesirable and far from perfection before God Almighty. However, God had a plan: 2Corinthians 8:9- ‘For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.’ We ought to be grateful to God for His goodness and mercy. We are made acceptable in the Beloved ‘To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved’ (Ephesians 1:6). Now, His grace has made us rich. Let us thank God for this grace that brought forth our prosperity.
Prophetic Warfare Prayer
Theme: Divine Protection
Psalms 91:3- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
The Lord has promised us deliverance from the evil traps of the devil and his agents. When there is evil knocking on the doors of unbelievers around us, our homes will be protected from infiltration of darkness. There are three levels of prophetic warfare prayers: first is thanksgiving, second is aggressive warfare prayers aimed at enforcing compliance and third is prophesying your expectations based on the assurances given in the scriptures.
See the prophetic warfare prayers of October 2 for comprehensive prayer.
CHECK HOW MUCH YOU CAN REMEMBER FROM TODAY’S STUDY.
- What is today’s BIBLE TEXT?
- What is your discovery of GOD in the bible text?
- What have you discovered about YOURSELF today?
Meditate on these points throughout today to gain light for your profiting (…that thy profiting may appear unto all, 1Timothy 4:15).