Practicing The Consciousness of God’s Presence
Psalm 91:1-8- He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High (in the constant consciousness of His presence) shall abide under His shadow (Psalm 91:1). From this scripture we see eight beautiful benefits of dwelling daily in the consciousness of God’s presence: (i) you shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty (divine protection) (ii) God will be your refuge and your fortress (iii) God will deliver you from the evil plans and traps of your enemies (iv) You will be saved from plagues and deadly diseases (pestilence) (v) God will cover you with His feathers (vi) He will be your shield and buckler (vii) He will take away fear of evil from your heart (viii) The evil that affects others will not come near you.
Knowing The Defeat of The Devil
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth, Matthew 28:18. It is impossible for God to lie. If Jesus says all power in heaven and in earth has been given unto him, then it means that there is no power left to the devil and his demons. Christ took all the power and so the enemy no longer has any power to oppress children of God. Christians that still suffer affliction do so out of ignorance and fear. If you can catch this revelation of the complete defeat of the devil and understand that the devil no longer has power to oppress you, then your victory in Christ will be complete.
SCRIPTURE FOR MEDITATION
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Meditating On The Personality of God
Meditating on the personality of God takes you from darkness to light. It gives direction to your life. (Psalm 82:5- They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course).
Meditate on this revelation and worship God with it
• The God that gives liberally and does not upbraid: In the Old Testament, we are told that King Solomon requested for wisdom to lead the people of God when the Lord presented Him with the occasion to ask. ‘In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee’ (1Kings 3:5). Solomon needed wisdom to lead the people of God and he got it when He asked it of the Lord who gives to all liberally and does not upbraid. The book of James presents us with the same opportunity to receive of the Lord wisdom required to fulfill our daily obligations. The beauty of it is that anyone can receive of the Lord that which is desired once it can be located in the Word of promise. The beauty of this reality is that if God gave so much wisdom and understanding to a man who was not born again, just because of the covenant made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, He will do even more for us who are born of His spirit and washed in the blood of His Son. Particularly enlightening is the way the Spirit of God through the Apostle Paul put it in Romans 8:32- ‘He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?’ I believe ‘all things’ referred to here by the Apostle Paul, includes wisdom. Don’t you agree? Let us therefore ask, today, the needed wisdom to do all that is expected of us from the Lord. Anyone who dares to ask in faith shall definitely receive from the goodness of the Lord today.
Meditating On The Personality of The Believer
Many believers die without fulfilling their destinies because of Ignorance of who they are (they know not). Until you know and meditate on what God has made you, you will live a life that is at variance with your true nature. (Psalm 82:5-7- They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes).
Meditate on this and give God thanks
• The Believer: When Elijah entered into a contest with the prophets of baal, he had full confidence in the ability of the Most High God to respond to his call. He was a strong believer in the Almightiness of the Father and was very sure that the Lord God would prove Himself as the only living God. And truly, God proved Himself as God by sending fire to consume Elijah’s sacrifice (1Kings 18:21-39). If God responded to Elijah, a man under the old covenant, in such manner, how much more will He do for you who is His adopted son. The Most High God will always respond to the call of those that are staunch believers in His ability to do the extraordinary.
Meditating On The Responsibility of the Believer
The wages of sin is still death. The violation of instruction leads to the death of something in your life. Know God’s expectation of you so you do not experience death. (Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord).
Ask God for grace to carry out this responsibility
• Ask in faith: ‘But let him ask in faith..,’ (James 1:6). This is the responsibility placed on us today. Doubts and acts of unbelief cripple our ability to receive from the Lord. Let us not forget that the Lord is moved by the faith of the believer and not his actions. As believers, we are expected to approach God with the understanding that He honors our faith. ‘But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed’ (James 1:6). It makes no difference with God if you believe for one naira or for a billion dollars. If you can really grow your faith to the extent that you have faith for what you need without doubts in your heart, the guarantee is that you will have it. We are expected to do whatever we do in faith- for whenever we do anything without faith in God, it is considered a sin. ‘….for whatsoever is not of faith is sin’ (Romans 14:23c). Let us remember that all things are possible to him that believes (Mark 9:23). Today, let us draw near with a true heart of faith in the word of God for as He has promised, He will perform.
• Be thankful: If you believe that what you asked for is given, you will naturally follow with an attitude of thanks giving. When we ask in prayers, we are to follow it up with thanksgiving as those who have received their petition of the Lord. ‘Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God’ (Philippians 4:6).
Today’s Love Reference
But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
Love is an attitude, a commitment, a form of behavior, passionately demonstrated for the benefit of another without intentionally expecting a reward.
Prayer works by love. Prayer is a very important tool in the hand of believers for communing with God and for causing change. Prayer is so powerful that anyone who uses it properly would do exploits. God hears the prayers of His children and He responds (Psalm 65:2). Jesus taught the following about prayers in Matthew 7:7-11- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
God responds everytime His children call upon His name in prayers; this makes prayer a very powerful tool. But as powerful as prayer is, it cannot work except there is love. Prayer works by love. See Mark 11:24-26- Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Forgiveness is an act of love. If you do not love, you will not be able to forgive. And when you do not forgive, Jesus says your prayers will not be answered by the Father. So we can see that as powerful as prayer is, it does not work without love.
Our Fellowship With The Holy Spirit
…the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us (Romans 5:5). The Holy Spirit enables us to love. As long as we are in constant fellowship with the Holy Spirit, we will not struggle with loving people. Forgiveness will be automatic and we will no longer be deeply hurt when people disappoint us.
This function of the Holy Spirit is activated primarily by speaking in tongues (Pray in tongues with your mind focused on who God is, what He has done and what He can do).
Other ways you can activate the Holy Ghost to function are by sincere worship and by living a righteous life.
Isaiah 41:10- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
[Existence is ruled by fear or faith. Without faith, no man can please God (Hebrews 11:6). If you have fear, you are not pleasing God].
Zechariah continued in intercession for Israel even though he had a personal need. As he took his mind from his own need and prayed for others, God showed up in his own area of need. See Luke 1:9-11 – According to the custom of the priest’s office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord. And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense. And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
Daily talk to God about people for their spiritual and physical needs to be met. We are also to intercede daily for peace in the land, for our political and spiritual leaders and for the salvation of sinners. (Ezekiel 22:30).
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work, John 4:34. Jesus cared more for souls than He cared for food. We must develop a like passion for souls. We must not let any day pass without our telling someone about the love of God. Always talk to people about the love of God expressed by the sacrifice of His dear son, Jesus.
Promise To The Righteous
For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous. Proverbs 3:32.
God reveals His secrets to the righteous. Whereas God cannot stand the presence of those that work in disobedience; He enjoys the company of those that work righteousness and will always reveal the secret things of the spirit to them. For such people, they are never taken unawares. Note that the promise to the righteous is only attained by those who receive the gift of righteousness and practice righteousness.
Prophetic Warfare Prayer
Warning! Do not pray with a mindset of attacking humans. The devil is the enemy, not humans. Attacking humans with prayers goes against love which is the basic principle of the New Testament Church. Also, do not pray as if the devil has not been defeated.
Theme: Divine Protection
Psalms 23:4- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Even in the midst of terrible enemies that threaten to swallow us up, the Lord has promised to be right by our side, shielding us from their missiles.
There are three levels of prophetic warfare prayers: first is thanksgiving, second is aggressive warfare prayers aimed at enforcing compliance and third is prophesying your expectations based on the assurances given in the scriptures.
(Phil 1:6- That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus). Communication of your faith means effectiveness of your faith. Your faith gains strength and becomes effective when you regularly thank God for what He has done in the past, what He is currently doing and what He has promised to do. Your faith is only expressed by thanksgiving.
• Appreciate God for being right by your side even in the midst of terrible enemies
• Thank Him for taking fear of the devil from you and giving you boldness to confront the enemy
• Appreciate Him for the unseen battles He fights for you, your children and your loved ones on a daily basis
• Worship God as your defense that can be trusted; the God that cannot fail or disappoint your trust in Him.
(1Timothy 1:18- This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare). Get angry in the spirit against every situation in your life that is not in agreement with the finished work of Christ. Pray militantly until you see the change that you seek.
• Root out every doubt, fear and unbelief in your heart that reduces your confidence in the ever abiding presence of the Father with you
• Take authority against every issue in your life that negates the presence of the Most High God with you. Root them out of your life in the name of Jesus.
• Command every power trying to Lord it over you to bow in the name of Jesus
• Pray against any occurrence this month that will make people ask you, “where is your God?”
• War against every force of darkness trying to bring down your loved ones. Cancel their plans in the name of Jesus.
Decree and Prophesy your expectation
Romans 10:10- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. When you believe what God has said in His word concerning you, you must continue to speak it forth until what was said is manifested in your life.
• Decree that you have victory over all the works of darkness
• Decree that you are never alone; that the Most High God is always with you.
• Declare peace and divine protection upon every member of your household.
CHECK HOW MUCH YOU CAN REMEMBER FROM TODAY’S STUDY.
1. What is today’s BIBLE TEXT?
2. What have you discovered about GOD today?
3. What have you discovered about YOURSELF today?
4. What RESPONSIBILITY have you discovered today?
Meditating on what you have studied today is what will establish its manifestation in your life. Meditate on these points throughout today so you can gain deeper revelations for your profiting. (…that thy profiting may appear unto all, 1Timothy 4:15).
BABY BOY AFTER EIGHT STILL BIRTHS
My name is Festus Nwanokenye, a native of Agbor. I am so excited to share this testimony of how God wiped away my reproach of several years. My first wife and I were married for several years without the fruit of the womb. Whenever she becomes pregnant, she would either have a miscarriage in the early months of the pregnancy or she would have a still birth before the ninth month of the pregnancy. In all, she had three stillbirths. Sadly, she died in the process. I got married a few years later and the ugly situation began again. My wife began to have series of miscarriages and still births just like in my first marriage. People mocked me and called me all sorts of names. I was confused. I sought for solution every way and every where I could but there was no change. My new wife had five still births bringing the total number of still births I had experienced to eight. My sister is a member of Believers Ministries. In 2012, there was a programme in Believers Ministries tagged: Marriage and Babies for All. My sister stood in for me during that programme, claiming a living child for me by faith. She told Pastor Osaghae about me and he spoke into my situation, declaring thus, “By this time next year, you will carry your baby and I will dedicate that baby in this Church”. He blessed anointing oil and my sister sent the anointing oil to me to anoint myself and my wife. A few weeks after this, my wife got pregnant, and today, to the glory of God, we have a bouncing baby boy. We have named our son “His Presence” because the presence of God is very strong in Believers Ministries.
Bro. Festus Nwanokenye (Agbor)
You can experience your own miracle in this season:
Make plans to attend ASABA & BENIN MIRACLE CRUSADES.
Theme: The Glory of His Presence
ASABA (Delta State)
Date: 20th – 22nd Nov. 2013
Venue: The Cenotaph, opposite the New Federal High Court, of Okpanam Road, Asaba.
Time: 4pm on 20th & 21st; 7pm on 22nd (Allnight)
BENIN (Edo State)
Date: 11th – 13th Dec. 2013
Venue: Garrick Memorial Secondary School, Ekenwan Road, Benin City.
Time: 4pm on 11th & 12th; 7pm on 13th (Allnight)
For enquiries, call- 07036798758