Practicing The Consciousness of God’s Presence
By faith he (Moses) forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible (Hebrews 11:27). Science has shown us that you can call someone through cell phones even though there are no visible connections, and in practice this has worked for all to see. You may not see God physically, but you can communicate with Him and experience His power if you can establish His presence with your mind. Moses’ boldness was in the fact that he knew that the invisible God was always with him. If you can also dwell in the consciousness of the invisible God with you, fear will be banished from your life.
Knowing The Defeat of The Devil
He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? For he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken, Isaiah 53:8. The devil’s agenda to keep us barren was totally defeated when Jesus refused to have children. There was no one to declare Christ’s generation; no one to carry on His name. He was barren so we should not be barren. The power of barrenness is therefore broken from the lives of children of God.
SCRIPTURE FOR MEDITATION
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.
• What did you discover of the Personality of God from studying the above scripture on Monday?
• What did you discover of the Personality of the believer from studying the above scripture yesterday?
• Today, we continue the study of the same scripture to discover our Responsibility as believers.
Meditating On The Responsibility of the Believer
The third deception of the devil is to trivialize the consequences of breaking instruction. Be not deceived; every choice has its consequences. When you meditate on your responsibility as a believer, you programme your life to do only those things that please God. (Galatians 6:7- Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap).
Ask God for grace to carry out this responsibility
• Put your trust in the living God: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, James 1:17. This scripture reveals to us that the living God is our real source; all the wealth that we have come from Him. Do not trust in your wealth for there is nothing that you have that was not given to you by the Lord. Do not be high minded i.e. don’t allow the pride of your possessions overtake you. Those that are controlled by their wealth will not see the kingdom of God because they are already practicing idolatry by paying too much attention to their wealth. We are blessed with wealth so we can be a blessing to others that are not as privileged as we are. We must therefore be humble channels through which the Lord blesses others. If you put your trust in the Lord, His blessings upon your life will be preserved; but if you put your trust in your wealth, then you will be brought down by the Lord. Jeremiah 17:5-8 perfectly summarizes today’s instruction: Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
Today’s Love Reference
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.
Love is an attitude, a commitment, a form of behavior, passionately demonstrated for the benefit of another without intentionally expecting a reward.
Faith works by love. Hebrews 11:6 tells us that without faith it is impossible to please the Lord. It means that everything done in the Kingdom must be backed up by faith for it to be acceptable to the Father. Great men of God have done exploits because they walked in faith. The sick have been healed, dead raised, bound loosened, and wonders done by people that had strong faith in the never failing power in the name of Jesus.
However, with all the value of faith, it cannot work without love. In Matthew 14:14, the bible says:- And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. The reason Jesus could heal the sick was because he had compassion toward them. Compassion is a product of love. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love, Galatians 5:6. Your faith to minister only produces when there is love in your heart.
Prophetic Warfare Prayer
Warning! Do not pray with a mindset of attacking humans. The devil is the enemy, not humans. Attacking humans with prayers goes against love which is the basic principle of the New Testament Church. Also, do not pray as if the devil has not been defeated.
Psalms 23:1- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Just like a Shepherd provides all the needs of his sheep, so does the Lord provide all our needs according to His riches in glory. Being a loving and faithful shepherd who cares for His sheep, He has prospered you in all your ways. Lack has no place in your life because the Great Provider is your Shepherd. There are three levels of prophetic warfare prayers: first is thanksgiving, second is aggressive warfare prayers aimed at enforcing compliance and third is prophesying your expectations based on the assurances given in the scriptures.
(Phil 1:6- That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus). Communication of your faith means effectiveness of your faith. Your faith gains strength and becomes effective when you regularly thank God for what He has done in the past, what He is currently doing and what He has promised to do. Your faith is only expressed by thanksgiving.
• Appreciate God for being a loving and faithful Shepherd to you
• Thank God for guaranteeing your prosperity even in the midst of economic recession on earth.
• Thank God for the blessings you can see in your life already and appreciate Him in advance for the ones you are yet to receive
(1Timothy 1:18- This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them plendor war a good warfare). Get angry in the spirit against every situation in your life that is not in agreement with the finished work of Christ. Pray militantly until you see the change that you seek.
• Take authority against the power of lack and poverty in your life. Disconnect yourself from their hold and influence.
• Root out every sign in your life that reveals poverty.
• Destroy the mentality of poverty that the devil may have used to hold you down in poverty.
• Seal your businesses and all your sources of income with the blood of Jesus.
• Pray against wastages and loopholes through which money is taken away by the devil.
• Pray against every bad decision that can reduce you financially
• Command your helpers to begin to locate you for blessing in the name of Jesus.
• Command all issues of life to begin to work in your favour
Decree and Prophesy your expectation
Romans 10:10- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. When you believe what God has said in His word concerning you, you must continue to speak it forth until what was said is manifested in your life.
• Decree your abundance in every aspect of life as an heir of the Father.
• Declare that you are not a beggar, and will not borrow because you live in the realm of ‘more than enough’.
• Decree your continued increase and prosperity in this year 2013. Call to manifestation all the beautiful things you want to see in your financial life this month and this year.
• Declare that your loved ones are blessed too.
CHECK HOW MUCH YOU CAN REMEMBER FROM TODAY’S STUDY.
1. What is today’s BIBLE TEXT?
2. What is your discovery of GOD in the bible text?
3. What is your discovery of YOURSELF in the bible text?
4. What RESPONSIBILITY have you discovered today?
Meditate on these points throughout today to gain light for your profiting (…that thy profiting may appear unto all, 1Timothy 4:15).